Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Well, the guest lecture with the ITBL course at U of Calgary seemed to go well - certainly I've received thanks from Norm about it, though no contact from any of his students ... but maybe they're still getting used to the technology & using this kind of social software for educational rather than just personal purposes ...? Certainly they seemed to be impressed (as was Norm) with the design (and obvious reflective effort) of my students' webquests from this semester. Well done, once again 618-ers - you are now internationally renowned :-)

It was fun to be doing a presentation from here in Brisbane where it was 25C & I thought it was a cool day. While in Calgary it was -13C & they had had snow ...

2 Comments:

At November 01, 2006 2:54 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Hello Debra,

Another session with our friends up near the North Pole. I can only dream about it, but the next best thing will happen when his students contact us. I have fixed up the link with my WebQuest. I didn't get things right when I downloaded the Website. Sorry about that!

 
At November 03, 2006 11:01 PM, Blogger REFLECTIVE JOURNAL said...

Dear Debra,
With my new techno-empowerment, I've been working with my 8 slow-learner grade 2-ers typing up little books and inserting pix. Some of these kids are the Guy Fawkeses in our school- refuse to work in class, are often in detention, but they never did that with me - were v.proud of their books!
..and now, the ESL teacher I work for as a volunteer at TAFE has asked me to help introduce her class to using computers. When I told her about your subject she said, that's the subject I should be doing! Apparently she has managed to avoid computers so far although its specified. (She's still a jewel of a teacher without the IT, though.So with me & my new found wisdom, she's going to try. I'm so excited!

"Thank you" is not enough to say to you - for this unit.
Nilly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home