Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I have been busy reading and commenting on my students' blogs for this last week, & watching their progress in developing their wiki as a community space. It seems to be shaping up as a place they feel they own and feel comfortable posting to, which is good. One of my students has already posted a link to her webquest and others are coming close - this is exciting!

It's also good to see that many students are doing the reading for this unit and posting their reflections on these in their blogs too. In fact it is interesting to watch the way different students are using their blogs and tailoring them to their own take on what they are for and how they should be used. I think there is almost some evidence accumulating for some culturally-determined differentiation, though of course personalities are also an influencing factor. Watch this space ...! :-)

I'm now going to try to establish a working connection with a colleague at the University of Calgary in Canada ... to try to get his students working and communicating with mine. I think this would provide all concerned with a stimulating learning environment as they hopefully swap ideas and experiences across the Pacific.
More on this next time.

1 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 8:16 AM, Blogger kylie said...

Well Debra I am trying but I can not get to Kelvin Grove much so I am having troubles. I will try to post my Quest into H drive this afternoon but am a bit worried. I will tyr to follow your instructions which Helen said are under useful links. So we will see if I can have a link by this evening

 

Post a Comment

<< Home