Monday, July 24, 2006

I had an absolutely exciting time on Saturday in the first workshop with the Sem 2 students!
This is a bigger class than last semester, which I really noticed when I was trying to chat with Chris, Curt & Shauna in Alaska at the same time as going around to the students who needed help, to try to keep everyone going at the same pace while Chris was explaining the intricacies of creating blog accounts and editing our wiki.

The only glitch was the fact that Uploading Files had not been enabled (I should have checked this beforehand, but I wanted the students to come to a "virgin" page) so we couldn't put some of the photos I took up on the wiki on the day ... so I'll have to show them how to do that next time we meet. It's now been fixed - Bruce, our local Tech support person answered my email (above & beyond the call of duty) on Saturday night, so I've now been able to put up a few of the photos. :-)

2 Comments:

At July 26, 2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Thanks Debra. What would we do without you?

 
At July 27, 2006 8:17 AM, Blogger kylie said...

Well I enter this class with the hope that I will be able to do all the things that you ask of me. I tend to have bad luck with computers though I can fix jammed photocopiers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home