Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sitting here in my hotel room in Waikiki, Hawaii preparing my presentation for Friday & wondering how my students are going ... 4 of them still haven't posted their Webquests. A bit worrying ... I might have to (shock, horror?!) resort (no pun intended!) to sending individual email messages to remind them of the Friday deadline help them get their focus back ...
I'll post more later when I get a more reliable internet connection & maybe hear from my students :-]
This connection has already dropped twice since I've been typing this message & i'm sure I don't type that slowly?!

2 Comments:

At May 22, 2006 7:36 AM, Blogger dlh_downunder said...

Re the spam filter - go to Dashboard & then select "Settings" beside New Posting for your blog, then on the Settings page, choose "Comments" from the line of tags at the top of the window, scroll down to Word verification & set it to "Yes". this way anyone wanting to post a comment has to go thru the typing in process & this avoids automatic bots just skimming yr blog & picking up details & posting spam comments. Hope this helps!
-debra- in sunny Hawai'i ... till this evening when I fly out for Montreal.
Keep on blogging!! :-)

 
At May 23, 2006 12:05 AM, Blogger Bing said...

hi debra :)

call me absent-minded but i didn't realise that you were attending the Hawaian CALICO(??) Conference. I know you mentioned it at the beginning of this semester but it totally slipped my mind!! --- must be from lack of sleep :) ---

hope all went well :)

cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home