Tuesday, April 04, 2006

LifeNtheUniverse
Well, the second workshop has also gone well. I'll be posting more photos of this one when I have had time to process them. A few students had, as I expected, not done anything much since the last workshop ... I think it will take some of them a bit of time to get themselves organised and learn the skills of budgeting their own time & making their own deadlines and timelines - not an easy or quick skill to learn. Hopefully they will all learn these strategies before they run out of time to complete the 2 assignments - since I have set no deadlines for these, except the obvious one when semester ends.

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2006 11:05 PM, Blogger Bing said...

I echo your sentiments Owen. I, too, am struggling with the whole notion of self-paced learning because I am definitely one of those people who are infamous with procrastination. But all things considered, I feel this unit's assessment is definitely a challenging one, not because of the assessment tasks itself, but rather that WE have to learn to pace ourselves in meeting our own assessment deadlines.

As for my progress on my Dinotot (Dinosaur) Webquest.. well that's another story :)

Hope you had a fantastic Easter holidays Debra! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home