Friday, July 14, 2006




I'm in the process now of frantic-ally preparing for CLN 618 for Semester 2 which starts next week. I had a panic when I doscovered only at the beginning of this week that the Wiki hosting site for Sem 1 won't be available in semester 2 :-( But it looks like the tech people (or 1 person in particular) are coming through for me to provide Faculty-hosted space for semester 2. So now I'm trying to negotiate WWW access to the wiki so that it can actually be a collaborative space. We will see what happens on this one.
So far the students enrolments for Sem 2 are looking good, and I find that, in spite of being sick, I am actually looking forward to teaching this unit again this semester. Last semester it was so much fun - for me at least - though a lot of hard work for both the students and me.
I must remember to put up the link to this blog on the LMS site so that students can start to access it from the beginning.

It also looks like the live online workshop with University of Alaska will go ahead again too, so that should be another great experience for this semester's students. This means, of course, that I have to go to the Elluminate site and study up on the new version of the software and the new features. I have been contact ed by one of the Elluminate reps about running throughthe new fetures with me online, so hopefully my request and timing to do this will come off & I'll be properly prepared for next Saturday's workshop!

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2006 3:43 AM, Blogger Bing said...

Hi Debra,
Sounds like you are going to be very busy, but I know it's going to be fantastic though because we all certainly had an excellent time on our first workshop - everyone liked the Elluminate live conference (is that how it's called?)!

Have you seen Kat's Student's Blog? I've checked it out and it's really excellent - the students seems to respond to it quite positively. I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my class of Japanese students at Brisbane Grammar - I'm going to speak to one of the staff and see if I could do it.

I think you did a fantastic job in introducing us to all these (internet) tools - can't wait to show off my 'tech-know-how' in my own teaching practice!

P.S. Thank you so much for my final results - it was an absolutely delight knowing that all my hard work paid off :)

cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home