Monday, October 16, 2006


Jacarandas! It's that time of year again with the flowering trees in full bloom around Brisbane. If you're a student & getting stressed about final assessment for the year, DON'T LOOK!! This is a beautiful one just outside my study window.

I've just finished chatting with Norm at University of Calgary about the talk he wants me do with his students and it sounds like fun. We used Elluminate Live! with text chat, audio, webcams & desktop sharing & I'm feeling much more comfortable now about doing this. I showed him a couple of my students' webquests & he wants me to share these with his students too. So this means my students will certainly be gaining an international profile?! :-)

We had an interesting drop-in session last Friday with Basim joining us in chat from Oman to ask about some problems he's been having with the Hot Potatoes activities and Dreamweaver. So I hope that's sorted now. No doubt he'll be in touch again with any further questions he has. This Friday will be our last formal session together, so I hope everyone's travelling ok ... I know there were sighs of relief all round when I announced that there would be an extension for the final projects - except for me, cos this means I'll have less time for marking. I guess if we expect the students to burn the midnight oil to meet deadlines, we can too?! Hmmm ... I think there's something wrong with that line of reasoning?

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2006 12:21 AM, Blogger REFLECTIVE JOURNAL said...

Hi Debra,
Sorry I missed the CLN616 class today-unavoidable. As for CLN618,I'm sad to leave this interesting class - these are time consuming,mind boggling,frustrating tasks but absolutely fascinating and useful. I definitely plan to use these techniques in the future.Great about your Elluminate live session. Good luck!
Nilly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home