Saturday, October 28, 2006


The last drop-in session came & went, my students asked their last questions, & panic & frustration was still high about getting final web-based projects looking just right & working just so ...

On the one hand it is gratifying for me as a teacher, that commitment is so high. On the other, it is frustrating for me to be only an on-looker at this stage. I have to just trust in the strength of the community of help & support they have built up among themselves - which seems to be working for most of them - certainly for those who have been most active.

And I keep reminding everyone that when I come to mark, I'll be looking for pedagogical rationale for what has been produced, reflection on what was tried, what worked, what didn't & what might be done differently next time. I'm looking for reflection, learning from experience & reflection & thoughts on plans of action about the usefulness and appliciability (or otherwise) in their own contexts and for their backgrounds, of the projects produced and the tools that have been learnt. And, of course, I keep in mind the starting points in the course of each individual student in terms of experience & expertise with technology ... some have had higher & steeper learning curves than others. Some have focussed more on the technology side because that is where they felt weakest - and this has caused a mixture of frustration & a sense of achievement. Others have focussed on the pedagogical side and gained some insights ... and experienced confusion. Still others have tried (sometimes precariously?!) to keep a balance between the two ...

And I feel humbled by the efforts & commitment of every one of them.

It has been an interesting experience for me this semester & I can't wait to see all the final projects as they are starting to be posted. I am also looking forward to reading the rationales and self- and peer-reflective commentaries as they are posted too. What a great, hard-working, enthusiastic group of people it has been my pleasure to work with this semester!

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2006 5:46 PM, Blogger dlh_downunder said...

Will do!
I'll also ask her about her comments settings 8-]

-Debra-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home