Wednesday, May 30, 2007


Back in Brisbane & teach again today ... But here is a photo taken in Texas, near New Braunfels, about 20 mins drive from San Marcos, just before the CALICO conference. It was a wonderful experience - lots of good people, good ideas & good contacts to take away & network with. And on the day after the conference it rained so heavily I got wet just waiting under shelter - It has been so long for us in Brisbane, that I'd almost forgotten what real rain is like! :-)
On the day before the conference started I was lucky enough to get a lift with some friends around the surrounding area which strangely has a strong German history - hence the name New Braunfels.


3 Comments:

At May 30, 2007 10:57 AM, Blogger Moon said...

Welcome to Brisbane.
It's a shame, you've got lot of good ideas,, many good things, which means you are going to teach new and better things next semester. I feel I have to keep wathching CLN 618 webpage and your blog. Are you going to charge me for next semester??

Moon~

 
At May 31, 2007 7:32 AM, Blogger just_susan said...

Welcome back! Hope you aren't too exhausted from the trip. Pleased to read that you felt the whole experience was worthwhile on several levels. Will be submitting final paper soon.
Regards
Susan H

 
At June 08, 2007 10:54 AM, Blogger just_susan said...

Debra,
I've posted my reflection and the class's commments on my blog...

I've also posted my comments on Moon's second assignment to her Reflections post on her blog.

Trust you are feeling less exhausted now that you've been back home a while.

Regards
Susan H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home