Monday, October 15, 2007


Such a long time since I've posted??!! I feel blog-deprived :-) Here I am in Canada now - in Edmonton till tomorrow, then I move on to Canmore in the eastern Rockies - where it'll be a bit colder, I fear?!

Hope you all are moving along with your projects - I've had email from some & guess you others are just not communicating because you're not making much progress with the project. Don't forget that the wiki is a good place to ask questions & post ideas & help that you've found!

I'm putting here a photo I took a couple of days ago here in Edmonton - at sunset ... they are still on daylight saving here, which is rather strange for me, a tropical person, cos the sun doesn't rise till about 7.30am or later, but it doesn't set till about 6.30 ... And it doesn't really move across the sky- I have a view out of my hotel room in one direction & I can see the sun all day?!
... Not as serious a dysjunction as Alaska last year though :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing the online projects as they get posted - but won't be able to have a look at them for about a week or so. And guess what? It looks like I may be teaching a course collaboratively with University of Iceland?! - how cool is that?? (literally!) 8-}

9 Comments:

At October 16, 2007 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debra. Hopefully everything goes on well in Canada. I've found that I can only create three multiple choices if I don't register. Moreover, I find it difficult to write rationale for the activities. I know I will have to do more reading. Good luck.
- Jean-

 
At October 17, 2007 5:19 AM, Blogger dlh_downunder said...

Jean - you need to register!! It's free as you are a student of QUT & we have a free-use licence. Good luck!
-Debra-

 
At October 17, 2007 7:31 AM, Blogger Jennifer in Australia said...

Hi Debra,

I'm so glad to hear from you. Like Australia, Canada is really a pretty country with lots of marvelous landscapes and natural beauty. I can understand you mentioned that you could see the sun all day. I remember when I was there during summer time, the sun didn't set till 8pm. It's really an interesting experience.

Although I've finished my final project for CLN618, I still need to polish it a little bit. I'm really happy that I do learn a lot from this hands-on experience.

All the best!

Jennifer

 
At October 17, 2007 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debra

Thanks for your message. I'm looking forward to receiving your suggestion about our final paper. And any feedback on our last products.
BTW, nice picture! Keep posting more pictures in order to let us explore more the city where you live.

Maggie

 
At October 17, 2007 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Debra,
Due to your course, I am quite afraid of failure. Therefere, I decided to attend the ceremony, Lot's of time for me now.
Some other teacher in QUT now I can consult?
I decided to change my airticket, and take the certificate with me. Which means I will not see my daughter for more 2 months.
Good luck with me for all the assignments!
Of course, good luck goes to you always!
-Billo-

 
At October 17, 2007 11:43 PM, Blogger Basil said...

Dear Debra

Wow a lovely picture. Please keep sending us some other photos to maintain our feeling that you are still our tutor regardless of the big distance. Wish you all the best!

Zahran

 
At October 18, 2007 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Debra,

I'm really glad to hear from you and see a nice photo from Canada. It'd be very exciting to learn more about this lovely country through your experiences. My project is nearly done. I have some problem that in the crossword activity, I put correct words, but it's the hint that gives the wrong answer. I can't understand a technology. Could you please give me some suggestions about this?

All the best in your new job!

-Nattythai-

 
At October 21, 2007 12:11 AM, Blogger xiaoxue said...

Hello Debra,

Long time didnt hear u.nice photo!
Thx for yr suggestion. I will go to school and try to solve this problem tomorrow!
wish me luck.
and of course wish u all the best!

Cheers,
Yuki

 
At October 23, 2007 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Debra~~
I am glad to hear from you! I hope you are getting use to the life in Canada! The picture is very nice and beautiful!! For my online project I uploaded it already! so I am looking forward to your suggestions! Wish you all the best!
Cheers
-Sherry-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home